Well, I think summer is finally coming to a close. We had "Back to School Night" at Charlie's school last week, and then last night had "Meet the Teacher Night" at Mimi's preschool. The kids are definitely ready to get back into a routine. They have been so excited to see all of their friends, and I think that the endless days of family time are taking a toll on them. Charlie and Mimi have been with each other MUCH more than usual lately, and it shows. When you start to fight (daily, I might add!) over who gets to sit in the middle seat at the island in the kitchen, it is time for a change!
I had my second and final day of Leader's Training for Community Bible Study (CBS) today. Last year I was a substitute leader, but this year I am going to be a Core Group Leader. When Rosanne asked me to lead a group, it was confirmation to me that that was where the Lord wants me to serve right now. Charlie and Mimi will be able to participate in the CBS children's program again this year. It will be Charlie's last year to be able to do so, and I don't want to miss out on being able to have both he and Mimi with me on Tuesdays. I struggled with whether or not to do leadership this year, with Cooper at home. But the truth is, he would be at home anyway with a sitter on Tuesdays, because I would still be taking the older kids to Bible study with me. My leadership meeting on Mondays is during his nap and when Charlie and Mimi are at school, so I really won't be missing any quality time with them anyway.
CBS has been such a blessing in my life and I'm glad to be back again. Many of the women on leadership have become close friends of mine and I really missed seeing them when I was out on "maternity leave" last spring. I was shocked and humbled by the numbers of sweet women from CBS LC who served me after Cooper's birth ... bringing by everything from home-cooked feasts to a handknit sweater they got for Cooper while on a mission trip to South America! It is great to be around such godly women who are at different stages of life than me -- many of them have grown kids and it is great to glean some of their childrearing advice -- and just advice on life in general. I really look forward to meeting my women next Tuesday. I've talked to a couple of them by phone already and they seem great!
No comments:
Post a Comment