Sunday, October 7, 2007

sip and see mania


Today I hosted Tara's sip and see for sweet baby Cannon at our house. Tracy, Veruschka, Jodi, Kate and Lisa also hosted the party. There is nothing like hosting a party to get you organized! I spent the greater part of this weekend cleaning out closets and nooks and crannies of our house ... as if any of the guests were going to go through my kids' closets! I will say that our house has not been this clean for a while. Perhaps if we hosted big parties on a monthly basis, I would be a lot more organized!

Chuck and I had a nice date last night, and the Stringfields even joined us for the latter part of our dinner. I spent most of the rest of the weekend readying for the shower, while Chuck took Charlie and Mimi to play golf and do other fun stuff. The kids were so happy to spend a lot of time with Chuck, as he has been out of town a lot recently.

Charlie seems to have turned a corner in regards to his behavior and self-control. The two of us went to the memorial Friday for Sydney Thweatt and he sat still, respectful and reverent the entire service! It ran over 2 hours long and was sad yet very inspirational. Charlie says he wants to be a disciple of Christ just like Sydney was. He is such a sweet boy and has been surprisingly quiet over the passing of this schoolmate he has prayed for every night for the past year. Now, he has made up his mind that he is going to pray for Sydney's brothers every night.

Tomorrow night, another sip and see. Then in the coming weeks, two more -- one of which I am also hosting. We are going through a mini-baby boom around here, I think! Here is a photo from my sip and see a few months ago. Can't believe Cooper was EVER that small! He is so big and joyful!

1 comment:

Rachel Pitt said...

WHAT WONDERFUL FRIENDS YOU HAVE WITH BEAUTILFUL CHILDREN- ALL A GIFT FROM GOD!
LOVE YOU,
MOM