Monday, October 8, 2007

if you HAVE to get in trouble ...



Recently, Chuck and I instituted a 'zero tolerence' policy in our family with the kids. We don't give them 'chances' and don't count to three ... if they misbehave/disobey/fight/talk back, etc., the consequences are immediate. And for the most part, it seems to be paying off. Charlie's attitude seems to be improving, and Mimi is having fewer temper tantrums.

But, Chuck and I had to laugh when Charlie told us why he got in trouble at school the other day. His class is memorizing Psalm 1, complete with hand motions. The memorization is one of the things we love about Providence! Charlie got into the car after carpool and told me the day had been great, but he did get in trouble 'one time, when we were working on Psalm 1". He got a little carried away with the part about the "chaff blowing away." He let HIMSELF blow across the room, pretending he was a "piece of chaff being carried by the wind" (his words, not mine). I had to stifle a laugh at this one!

Charlie definitely has the tendency to get over-energized in groups, but despite this, it is a pretty funny story. And I also can't complain given he ...
1. is memorizing scripture at school in the first place
2. knows what 'chaff' is; and,
3. is creative enough to pretend he was a piece of chaff!

On another note, I LOVE bathtime with Cooper. He is such a joyful little guy! He sits and splashes and coos ... he is so proud of himself. Is there any smell better than a clean baby just out of the bath?

Happy to report that Amy is doing better. She had another surgery last night to relieve a blood clot, and is doing well today. She has even seen the twins, Carsen and Lauren. I can't wait till I can visit with her again.

No comments: