1. How does my 5-year-old son "accidentally" drop 2 pieces to a puzzle in the toilet while he is going #2? Answer: He is doing a jigsaw puzzle while he is going to the bathroom.
2. Why is he trying to do a puzzle while going to the bathroom in the first place? (No idea.) And how am I convinced to fish said contaminated pieces out of the toilet after their discovery? (To avoid the inevitable temper tantrum that would ensue if I just flushed them away.) Keep in mind that this puzzle is a leftover McDonald's Happy Meal toy -- the really cheap kind -- that was a promotion for the film "Casper". A film that came out I think about 15 years ago.
3. Why does this child of mine insist on completely stripping down whenever he goes to the bathroom?
4. Why is my 6-month-old son sleeping through the night fine, but my 3-1/2 year old daughter wakes us up almost every night for a new ailment? Last night, it was 3 a.m. and she had "too many boogies in her nose to sleep". Will we ever get a complete night's sleep again?
5. Out of all the new and wonderful things that my son has learned in kindergarten, why is his most favorite new word to say "teat"? (He visited a farm yesterday on his first field trip, and I got an in-depth explanation on how he milked a cow. Very detailed, probably too detailed, which is troubling in itself).
6. Why can't we make it out the door in time for Mimi to get to school in time for carpool? They close carpool at 9:15 and the school is less than a half mile away. But we just can't seem to get there once in time for carpool.
Well, aside from being incredibly sleep-deprived, today has been a great day. Very busy, but good. Mimi is turning into quite the fashionista. I had to take a picture of her on the way to school this morning because she was just so cute. What you can't see in the picture are all of the multi-colored, jeweled clips that she puts in her hair when she 'fixes it'. Attached is also a photo of her on her way to ballet class. All of the other girls are fine to wear their simple black leotards and pink tights, but not our Amelia. Her look is more bordello-meets-ballet. Very flashy, lots of silver jewelry, and tiara as well. At least she loves dance. She spends more time in front of the TV learning the moves from EVERY production piece from her spring recital ... she can do every dance pretty well.
Cooper is getting huge. Over 19 lbs., teething (2 teeth on the bottom so far) and sitting up. He loves the swing and loves being outside. Charlie is getting so mature! Right now he is very excited about Burger King because of all the pinata toys in their Happy Meals. This too shall pass.
1 comment:
Jessica, your kids are so gorgeous! I just love your little ballerina picture!
Your son is already multi-tasking, WTG! I think I would have to draw the line at retrieving the pieces, though, LOL.
I think it is pretty normal for a boy that age to be obsessed with the word "teat"--esp. if he sees it bugs you. But I think it is great for kids to see where their milk comes from and learn about nature--sounds like a cool field trip.
Too funny about the boogies in the nose. I wish I could say it got better. M. still wakes us up half the time. Your baby is a cutie!
Post a Comment