Yesterday was Mimi's first day of ballet class, and today will be her first day of preschool! I can't believe how quickly she is growing up! she was so excited to get back to ballet, and as far as preschool is concerned, well...she has been telling everyone for weeks now that she is "going to be in preschool at the Learning Center soon".
Yesterday, I also had a meeting with all of the moms in Charlie's class and his kindergarten teacher. Mrs. McWhorter is wonderful! As excited as I am that he is entering kindergarten, i'm a little bit overwhelmed with our present schedule. There is so much to do...so many activites to remember to be at ... so many meetings for various activities and obligations to remember to take care of, not to mention just keeping up with our friends and church and family ... I really feel like our plate is very full right now! I'm sure we will settle into a routine here shortly, but right now, it is a lot going on.
It is so nice, however, to meet with the teachers and all of the other moms of the kids in Charlie's class at Providence. What a blessing that we have such a wonderful school here in town! At its essence, what Providence does is extremely counter-cultural. To actually teach virtue, modesty, and respect at a school with a curriculum that is both classical AND Christ-centered ... wow! His class has a "theme verse" which is "Let us pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another." (Romans 14:19)
In addition, the school recommends that we use the following verse as a sieve with which to determine what influences to allow in our children's lives: "Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." (Phil. 4:8) I wonder what we would cut out of our lives if we took this scripture to heart in all areas ... ? It is a good standard to attain to, that is for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment