Tuesday, September 4, 2007

back to school thought ...

I'm up way too late preparing for the first day of CBS tomorrow. But I was just reading through my devotional and came across this and it seemed very appropriate as we gear up for another school year, etc.:
"We want our children to be known for their goodness. We want our children to be attractive to others because of their purity. This doesn't just happen. It must be taught. And although we can do much to teach our children, the real teacher is the Holy Spirit...Let us pray for our children to be attracted to holiness and purity like a magnet, so that when anything entices them that isn't holy or pure, they detect the pull immediately and are made uncomfortable to thoroughly reject it. "For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness." (I Thessalonians 4:7)"

I am so grateful to Providence and CBS (and a wonderful, godly husband!) for coming alongside me to help me teach my children in His ways!

On another note, I got an email from Gini that John Lawson was back in the hospital today. Our prayers are with her family and we pray for a speedy diagnosis and complete healing for John Lawson. And I'm not just saying that because I want her here to help me host the party we are throwing on Friday for Charlie and Will's class! :)

No comments: