Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bittersweet

Me with (some of) the ladies in my group.  

Yesterday and today were my final days at CBS for the year.  Yesterday was Share Day for Leader's Council, and today was Share Day for the class.  This is probably one of my favorite times of the year -- such a great time to see what God has done in the lives of the women through our study during the year.  

But unfortunately, (sniff!), it was the last time I got to lead my group.  It has been SUCH an incredible blessing to have been on the Leadership team for this Bible study the past 2 years.  The women in my small group really formed a tight bond, and I have loved walking with them through good times and bad.  Each woman in my group has made a mark on my life this year.  I will miss Tuesdays with them so much!  

I will be taking at least a year sabbatical from leadership (but NOT from the study!) because of the kids' schedules next year ... and while I know this is the right decision for our family, I will really miss being on CBS leadership.  It humbles me by what a blessing and a joy it is to be able to serve, since even Jesus, "did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."  (Mark 10:45)

To the ladies in my group, here are my prayers for you:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  (Romans 15:13)  

and that you will ... "live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way, bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience and joyfully give thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."  (Colossians 1:10-12)




1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Thanks for welcoming me as a late addition to your group. It was a great experience.