Thursday, April 10, 2008

it's happening already ...

I thought I could expect something like this around early adolescence ... not 6 years old...

Charlie doesn't think I'm cool.  

I guess I should have been forewarned when he started "shrugging" off my hugs at carpool line.  And rolling his eyes at me when I try to kiss him on the cheek.  And choosing to wear t-shirts that say stuff like, "There is no off-season!" instead of the polos I pick out for him.

But today, since Chuck was out of town, I took Charlie to baseball practice.  The exclusive domain of dads and sons.   Apparently, it is not so "cool" to have your mom, little sister and baby brother in tow.  Especially when aforementioned little sister is VERY loud.

We walk up to practice ... Mimi yells to everyone, "HEY GUYS!"  Charlie immediately turns on a dime -- and motions that we must stop there, and let him and him alone proceed to practice.  
We were banished to the playground.  This was as close as he let us get during practice ...
You can probably see (with a magnifying glass) that Charlie is the one in the long-sleeve white t-shirt batting?  No?  Well, I think he might have gotten a single.  

At least Mimi and Cooper think I am cool.  For a while at least.  


2 comments:

Joel and Carla said...

I might just cry when that day comes!

Anonymous said...

WE STILL THINK YOU'RE COOL! LOVE YOU,
MOM AND HARRY