Saturday, April 12, 2008

Opening Day


Today was the long-awaited first game of the season for the Patriots. Charlie was so excited to get out there and play ... and I know I'm biased, but doesn't he look great in his uniform?


  (He chose #5 to be like Albert Pujols, his favorite Cardinal)

 Amelia even got into the spirit with her shirt that reads "Girls Love Baseball"

The team was pretty impressive, and I was very proud of the way that Charlie played.  He even tagged one guy out when he was playing 2nd base!  Machine-pitch is definitely a huge step up from t-ball, but you would have thought the boys had been playing it for years.  And all of their pre-season hard work paid off ... they beat the Rockies 4-0!  

                                                        First at bat

             Charlie played catcher one inning

 Mimi and Francie found the ice-cream truck -- at 10 a.m. in the morning!

No comments: