Sunday, April 6, 2008

I love the spring!




Springtime in Dallas is definitely my favorite time of the year.  We don't get much in the way of spring or fall here in Texas ... usually only about 2 weeks of each --  and then on to either blazing heat or dreary gray winter.  

Today was a great spring day, though.  Mid-70's, sunny, and gorgeous outside.  We spent a perfect (at least in my eyes) family day:  early church service, then brunch, potted some plants in the backyard, hung out beside the pool, etc.  Later on, Mimi had a birthday party, and Charlie practiced baseball in the backyard with Chuck while Cooper napped.  Then we all headed up to Bent Tree to hit balls, and Dad and Penny joined us there for dinner.  Coop even enjoyed being out on the range, and Dad gave an impromptu putting lesson to Charlie and Amelia.  


                Charlie helped me pot some plants in the backyard.


                   Mimi on the way to, and then at, Gracie's party.




         By the way, Cooper's shirt reads, "Chicks dig me."  :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
The kids are gettting so big! I love the artwork.
Amy

S. said...

gorgeous pics! What a pretty spring day.

Hey while I am thinking of it there is a book that is really encouraging that I think you would love, written by a Christian mom of 8?10? kids--some adopted...and montessori teacher...go to mommyteachme.net (I think) it is very encouraging! Also I think you would like her blog. google barbara curtis...

p.s. hey Madeleine could use a putting lesson from your dad!!!! haha I bet I am so original!