To be honest, this whole "green" thing makes me a little annoyed. It also reminds me of Al Gore (bleh!). BUT ... then I recently read that one way you can be "green" is to buy antiques! Imagine my delight when I realized that I was actually doing a little high-end recycling with my vintage Fortuny pillows!
Yesterday I spent the day at the world-famous Round Top antiques market to acquire some new stuff for the house and for our remodel. The market consists of several fields out in the middle of nowhere, covered in tents and filled with antiques. We are talking WAY out in the country -- the market "newsletter" is actually called "The Howdy." There is a lot of junk (stuffed squirrels, anyone?), but also some great stuff to be found.
I found a few cool things, including: an old Swedish clock, a French chest from the 1800s, some antique transferware, and a huge mirror made from reclaimed vintage shutters. I am SOOO green!
But don't worry ... I'm not about to go see "An Inconvenient Truth!"
3 comments:
Jessica, Christy, the newbie from your CBS group here. I saw your blog on your last email and I am an avid blogger and blog reader. Anyway, we are not very "green" at our house either. We do recycle now that they pick up at our curb and we do not have to sort but if it is a pain to wash the container out it goes in teh trash. I do like that antiques are "green" though. That is my kind of earth friendly.
biting tongue lol! I hear ya on the paper plates though!
Jess......glad to read someone verbalize what goes on at our house every single day...paper plates are my best friend!
Post a Comment