Mimi now wants to be called "Amelia" all the time, because in her words, it is "much fancier." As you can see from the above photo, she enjoys dressing up, and has a penchant for all things French. This photo was taken over a girls lunch with her at Neiman's last week after CBS. She loves the popovers and strawberry butter. (So do I!)
I am really enjoying the ages that the kids are at right now. Although they are difficult years, they are also a ton of fun. I really need to start writing down all of the precious things that they say, like Mimi's comment that "once she was a baby, now she's just a kid." And her question/solution for how God clothed Adam and Eve when they were cast out of the garden of Eden -- God just reached his "very big hand down from a cloud and dropped them some clothes."
Charlie also says some funny things -- in fact, we are really having a difficult time getting him to STOP talking! (Just ask his teachers at school.) He told me recently that he thinks a particular girl in his class would be "good to marry, because she also has black hair, so they would match. And since she is quiet, she would teach him the value of silence." The value of silence! How classic! I don't know where he got that. And wouldn't it be easy if we could just pick our future spouses based on matching hair color!
No comments:
Post a Comment