Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Big Brother!



Hard to believe that our Charlie is SIX YEARS OLD today! It seems like just yesterday that I held him for the first time in the hospital ... and our mornings of sleeping in were gone forever! I told him this little story tonight and received an eye roll at my words -- proof enough that his little boy days are in our past.

Today we celebrated his birthday first thing (7 a.m.) with the opening of his birthday gifts. He got a very cool Star Wars Transformer from Mimi and some computer games from Daddy and me. His **BIG** gift is tickets to go to the Cowboys playoff game this Sunday with Daddy. (He did get a Tony Romo book that will have to tide him over until then!) As a side note: the last time Charlie wore his Tony Romo jersey, Mimi told me that she wants a "pink Tony Romo jersey". My obvious answer was, "Oh, just like Jessica Simpson?" She looked back at me with a blank stare ... which was very encouraging to me, that our nation's celebrity worship has not yet reached my daughter, as she had no idea what I was talking about.

Chuck had lunch with Charlie and his class today ... I delivered them all cookies this morning. Then tonight, Will Florer (Gini Weir Florer's son, for those of you WFU folk reading this) joined us at a celebratory dinner at The Magic Time Machine. Much to Charlie's chagrin (and Mimi's delight), Cinderella was our server. But ... we did get to visit with Captain Jack Sparrow for a little while, which the boys seemed to enjoy almost as much as their bubbly "potion" drinks!






Lots of fun! Chuck and I wince at the thought of having to eat the food at Magic Time Machine each time the kids suggest it, but it is kind of a Dallas rite of passage. They always enjoy the costumed waiters even if the food is lacking. Charlie and Will had fun goofing off, and I know new mom Gini enjoyed the night off. It is very fun for me to see that Charlie and Will have become such good friends ... hopefully the same thing will happen with Cooper and Sutton.

1 comment:

S. said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy! Hope it was a great one! It sounds like you had a fabulous day...love the pics with Will.

M.'s BFF (one year older) got tix to Hannah Montanna for Christmas, and the mom asked if M. could go--she has never watched the show, and I am thinking we can wait awhile longer...7 does seem a little young to indoctrinate her into the celebrity thing!

Your kids are all so beautiful, I love to see their pictures!

p.s. you and Gini planned your kids ages well!