In the midst of preparing numerous jewelry appraisals, etc., and trying to deal with all of the annoying details of being robbed, I feel like we are living under a bit of a black cloud. Now let's keep everything in perspective of course ... but when it rains, it pours!
--2 ...no make it AT LEAST 3, dead animals in the attic above our bedroom. (These are just the ones we have been able to locate; some fall into the walls and die) The construction next door has "disrupted the ecosystem" and all of the rodents are moving in. To our house. And dying. And smelling. Our bedroom and bathroom stink. Chuck has had a sinus infection, so he can't really smell it, but I am moving into Charlie's bunk bed if this persists.
--Cooper somehow managed to catapult his 8-month-old body out of his crib, ricochet off the bedside table, and fall on the floor. He broke his nose, but other than that and a few scrapes and bruises, is in one piece. Is this a sign of things to come? 2 boys=many trips to the ER. I will have nightmares for months about walking into his nursery and seeing him crying on the floor.
--Mimi sliced open her finger when a light from a Christmas tree exploded in her hand. Lots of tears and band aids and hugs, but she is one tough cookie.
--Cooper continues to vomit all over me ... at least once a day. Perhaps the reflux diagnosis was right?
--Our cleaning lady disappeared. Hasn't shown for 2 weeks now ... makes me wonder about her being somehow connected to the robbery? I don't mean to be negative, but it is hard not to think that.
Well, what a blessing kids are! Charlie, for once, is not the source of our problems! He is still his talkative, energetic self, but has actually been a help lately. And what would I do without my awesome husband? Well, he IS in NYC right now on business, but we are hanging in there and preparing for a wonderful first Christmas with "the Bruiser", aka Cooper.
Charlie is a wise man in his class nativity (they didn't mean "wise guy" did they?) and Mimi was a shepherd in hers. Cooper is now crawling everywhere and chewing everything, and has already gotten into the christmas presents under the tree.
1 comment:
Oh Jessica, poor little Cooper! I am so so sorry that happened! He must be a tough cookie!
Yuck about the dead animals--I guess occasionally there are advantages to having a sinus infection?
Did you get my e-mail about the robbery? I have heard of burglars using info. they find on blogs--i.e. easy to figure out your address, and then the date you were leaving...just something to consider and maybe mention to the police also. Wierd about the housekeeper.
Sorry about Mimi's finger--that must have been scary! I hope you gotten all of the excitement out of the way and can have a peaceful Christmas now!
Post a Comment